• If coordinating an event on a local level – you must submit the event details on the Mayfair Games website for approval at least 3 weeks prior to the demo event. This allows us time to promote these events through our website and social media platforms.
• Follow-up reports for game demo events should be submitted within 7-days of the event.
• Game Shepherd Demo Report – completed by each Game Shepherd
• Demo Event Evaluation - completed by the store owner/event organizer
• Participants are encouraged to connect to the Mayfair Games social media accounts to stay informed of upcoming product, events and general information.
• Must keep your online Volunteer Account, on the Mayfair Games website, up to date.
Game Demo/Event Process
If you are coordinating a game demo/event at the local level – please use the following steps.
• You must first coordinate with your local game store owner/manager, convention coordinator or event organizer to define the needs, goals and expectations.
• Once details are finalized for the game demo/event – you must submit the event details on the Mayfair Games website for approval and email a notice to the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• This ideally needs to happen at least 3 weeks prior to the demo/event – allowing us time to approve the demo/event and promote it through our website and social media sites. NOTE: This also give the store/convention/event time to promote that you’ll be there as well.
During the event:
• Be sure to present yourself in a fun, mature and professional manner.
• Present yourself in a clean and neat uniform. This includes the provided Game Shepherd t-shirt (upon completion of 20 demo hours) along with the appropriate jeans or khakis (strongly recommended) – capris, skirts, kilts and shorts (mid-thigh or longer), are also acceptable. Athletic, yoga and sweat pants are not acceptable uniform elements.
• Be sure to take note of the information needed to complete the Game Shepherd Demo Report.
• Take photos!!
• Have FUN!! ☺
• Within 7-days of the game demo/event be sure the following reports are submitted by emailing them to email@example.com
• Game Shepherd Demo Report – completed by EACH Game Shepherd
• Demo Event Evaluation – completed by the store owner/manager, convention coordinator or event organizer. - COMING SOON!
• Game credit earned for a demo/event will be applied to your account upon receipt of your Game Shepherd Demo Report.
Social Media Connection Benefits…
• Encourage the store, convention, event to connect to Mayfair Games on any of the social media platforms they may have accounts set up for. This makes it easy for us to connect to them and help in the promotion of the event on a larger scale.
• If you are a social media guru and make any social media posts during the event… be sure to tag @MayfairGames in your post. By doing so we can share, retweet, like, love, etc…
• If you take photos and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org during or by end of day for your event – chances are we will be able to get them posted to the Mayfair Games Facebook page for some additional PR for the store/convention/event – that same day.
• Mayfair Games can be found on the following social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Flickr.
Online Event Submission process…
Email the following information to email@example.com
• Name: The name of the actual event – not your name. Try and include Mayfair and the store/event in the Name. Examples include: Mayfair Demos at Let’s Play Green Bay or Mayfair Demo Day – Cat & Mouse Games
• Type of Opportunity: Most will be Demo Event, Game Day or Player Events.
• URL: Provide the website for the store or event you are running the demo for.
• Dates: Start and end date for the event
• Start and End Times: Watch for the a.m. & p.m.
• Venue: This is the actual location of the event.
• Address: Be sure to include the street address, city, state and zip code. This allows people to find the event that might want to attend but aren’t familiar it.
• Description: Here you will put in information about what the event is and what Mayfair’s presence will look like. Will you be running demos? What will you be demoing? Are there multiple games scheduled at different times? Detail and specifics are helpful for people looking to attend.
• Expected Attendance: How many people to you expect?
• Frequency: Is this a one-time event or is this going to be a monthly demo night?
• How will you promote this event?: What are you and/or the store going to do to get the word out? This would be things like flyers in the store or around town along with social media for both the store/event or yourself .
• What games will be scheduled or demoed at this event?
Once the event has been approved, you will receive an email and the event will be posted to the Mayfair Games website, it will then be listed as an event on our Facebook page for additional visibility.
• If any changes need to be made to an event once it has been posted to the website – please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information that needs to be updated so changes can be made.
• If you have any questions – don’t hesitate to contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.